Featured post

Sean Dampte UK based singer, drops new track,‘Energy’

Monday 9 March 2015

How To Add Subtitle To Video With No Subtitle On VLC Player

Image result for vlc logo

You may need to add subtitle to your movie at
some point in VLC if you find yourself in some
situations. One of those periods is when you want
to watch a movie on your PC and you can’t really
give it the maximum volume that you would
normally use. If you also don’t have an earphone
in this situation, you need a subtitle.

I got a movie in HD in 2014 and I could not wait
to get home to watch it. It is a movie I have
waited so long for and seeing it was something I
could not wait for. I started my PC, inserted the
CD, launched VLC media player and started
playing. Alas, they were speaking Russian. I tried
to check the subtitle option, perhaps there is
English subtitle there but this proved to be an
effort in futility. Then came the idea of getting a
subtitle myself and adding it to the video came.
How To Add Subtitles To Videos With None on
VCL
When the idea came, I thought this would be to
be one herculean task and it might not be trouble.
I just played around the VLC media player and
finally got it. It is really very simple and here is
how I did it.
1. First, you have to look for the subtitle file for
that particular movie. Go to Google and search
for the subtitle file and you will see several sites
where you can download it from. I make use of
sites like opensubtitles.org and
moviesubtitles.org. There are lots more on Google
if you search.
For example, search for something
like“Transformer Age of Extinction Subtitle file
download”. Take note of the location where the
file was downloaded to. The format should be .srt
2. Open your movie file using VLC and allow it to
start playing.
3. Depending on the version of your VLC, go to
where the subtitle option is on your PC and click
on it (see screenshot below). Then click “Add
Subtitle file…”Locate the file on your PC, choose it
and click Open to add the subtitle.
Now you can start watching your movie with the
subtitle in there. That’s what I did and I enjoyed
my movie, even though it was in Russian. Some
people may need this even though the movie is in
English. You know what I mean.