Featured post

Sean Dampte UK based singer, drops new track,‘Energy’

Friday 2 August 2019

Why I am writing a book of poems

Tribune Online
Why I am writing a book of poems

poems

What makes your writing exceptional and what stands you out as an online influencer?

I think a lot of Nigerians are indifferent to poetry most times because of the ambiguous words often used by poets. I feel that  my poetry is simple, relatable and it is  something even the non-lovers of poetry can read and understand,  though they are not used to reading poems.

As an influencer, the personal touch and creativity I put in my campaigns make me stand out on social media. Also, Lazywrita is not just a social media brand, it is a brand with a big name which is very important in building relationships in the social/digital media industry.

 

Tell us about your poetry book which will be published soon and what should your fans expect?

I have always been a book lover and an avid reader. One of my dreams while growing up was having my books displayed in libraries, book stores and in schools around the country. I am excited to tell you that I am one step closer to making this dream a reality. My book of poetry titled ‘A great poet’ to be published soon is something I feel everyone can relate with, it is something for the youths, kids and adults. ‘A great poet’ is a collection of poetry about love, pain, heartbreak, life and much more. I am inspired by things, people around me, personal experiences and from the works of other brilliant authors that I have read.

 

How have you influenced and inspired people since you started this?

I can say that I, alongside people like Olorisupergal, Demola Expoze and a few other people were the first generation of influencers in Nigeria so we faced a lot of challenges which some of the new generation influencers nowadays are not facing because some people have paved the way. I believe we are even yet to scratch the surface of influencer marketing in this part of the world as brands continue to invest major budgets every year on social media. So I took it upon myself to guide people and share insight into those who are interested in this line of work that I have found myself. The number of people/lives I have influenced is too numerous because aside brands paying me to share certain information or content to the public, there are instances where I take on CSR campaigns without getting paid. It is my way of giving back to the society.

 

What other projects are you involved in?

Aside from my upcoming book, I am also working on my YouTube page which is a lifestyle page dedicated to the hacks of social media and influencer marketing. It also showcases the lifestyle of a typical influencer. I also recently joined the team of Devon, Troy, Copper as the Chief Operating Officer. Devon Troy Copper (DTC) is a full service digital communications agency in Ikeja, Lagos that offers a unique mix of strategic services such as social media community management, influencer marketing, talent management, digital marketing strategy, copywriting, design, reputation and crisis management.

 

Tell us a bit more about yourself.

Anda Damisa popularly known as Lazywrita is a poet, a writer who started blogging as a career in 2013.. I am also a social/digital media strategist who loves exploring the internet.

I am also known as one of Nigeria’s top lifestyle influencers working on several major projects across Nigeria with notable brands like Guinness, Unilever, Nokia amongst many others. I was listed in Y! Naija’s top 100 Social Media Influencers of 2013 – ‘The definitive list’ with the likes of @omojuwa, @Lindaikeji, @Obyezeks, @El-Rufai, @Rosanwo, @Gbengasesan amongst many other important personnel and celebrities.

I am one of Google Africa’s top influencers in Nigeria, and I have embarked on several trips across Africa with the Google team learning and sensitizing my followers to how best to use Google tools to make lives simpler.

 

Why I am writing a book of poems
Tribune Online

Source: Tribune



CLICK HERE TO READ FULL CONTENT

Brought to you by: RIDBAY | WEBSITE DESIGN & DIGITAL MARKETING