Featured post

Sean Dampte UK based singer, drops new track,‘Energy’

Sunday 2 September 2018

Mikel Agu: Super Eagles midfielder joins Vitória Setúbal on loan from FC Porto

Mikel Agu has returned to Vitória Setúbal for another season long loan spell from FC Porto.

Super Eagles midfielder Mikel Agu has joined Primeira Liga side Vitória Setúbal on loan from FC Porto.

The 25-year-old returns to Setubal after deemed surplus to requirements by Porto for the upcoming season.

The Nigeria international was on loan at Turkey Lig 1 side Bursaspor last season with compatriot Shehu Abdullahi, but has chosen to remain in Portugal despite several clubs interested in his signature.

Speaking to the club's official website upon his acquisition on loan from Porto, Agu explained why he chose to return for another spell at Vitoria.

He said, "I had other options in Portugal and abroad but when my manager told me about Victoria's interest I did not think twice.

"I already know this city and the club well and it was here that Stefano was born, about a year and eight months ago. My passage through Vitoria marked me a lot and for that reason the decision was easy."

 

Agu also revealed that he looks forward to having a fruitful spell on loan and recreating the goos memories he shared in his previous stint and thanked the fans for their support.

He said, "When I first saw the fans, they supported me a lot and I was very cherished. What I want to do is to leave my mark in this club, where in the recent past I also left a good image.

 

"I am happy with my return, the leaders of Victory too and I believe that the fans will also stay. The fans know that when I get on the field it's to give the maximum and I hope to help Vitória to make a great season."

Agu has been given the N0 46 jersey and is in line to make his first appearance for the club in their next fixture after the international break against his parent club Porto on Saturday, September 23.

Mikel Agu: Super Eagles midfielder joins Vitória Setúbal on loan from FC Porto



CLICK HERE TO READ FULL CONTENT

Brought to you by: RIDBAY | WEBSITE DESIGN & DIGITAL MARKETING