Featured post

Sean Dampte UK based singer, drops new track,‘Energy’

Sunday 2 September 2018

U.S Open: Serena records easy win over sister Venus to progress to 4th round

Serena Williams continues her pursuit for a 24th Grand Slam with a comfortable victory over her elder sister at the U.S Open.

Serena Williams recorded an easy 6-1 6-2 victory over her big sister Venus Williams at the in the third round of the 2018 U.S. Open.

Celebrities turned out to watch the Siblings who have been rivals through out their career in one of the biggest matches of the competition.

Serena who suffered her heaviest career defeat to Johanna Konta in the Silicon Valley classic easily disposed her elder sister as she showed signs of getting back to her best.

Venus who is a seven time Grand Slam winner was not able to match up to her sister's intensity as she closed out the first set 6-1 and proved not to be much resistance when she won the second set 6-2 to stay on course for a possible 24th Grand Slam title.

Speaking on her on-court interview after the game, Serena stated that this was her best match since she returned and her hard work is finally paying off

She said, "I roll my ankles a lot so I just wanted to get it taped as tight as I could for the rest of the match and see how I feel tomorrow.

'This was my best match since my return. I've worked really hard for it… and hopefully everything will keep paying off."

Serena who was knocked out by Venus at Indian Wells spared some kind words for her her elder sister who she stated is very supportive of her success.

She said, "It's not easy, she's my best friend, she means the world to me and she's so supportive of my career.

"Every time she loses, I feel like I do. It's not easy but it's a tournament and we all know that there's more to life than playing each other and playing tennis.

"I love her with all my heart and she's the reason I'm still out here."

Serena will face Estonian Kaia Kanepi in the round of 16 of the U.S open fixture which will be played on Sunday, September 2.

U.S Open: Serena records easy win over sister Venus to progress to 4th round



CLICK HERE TO READ FULL CONTENT

Brought to you by: RIDBAY | WEBSITE DESIGN & DIGITAL MARKETING